ACURUS ACT4-20 / MUSE-16

BB 3D

Standard Member
Reaction score
ACURUS ACT4-20 , the 20 channels immersive 9.5.6 with discrete native 9.1.6 start to ship worldwide :thumbsup:
IMG_2773.jpg
fullsizeoutput_1c77.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1c65.jpeg

My ACT4-16 just finish Upgrade to ACT4-20 on both new boards and Firmware V2.10 :thumbsup:

DSC_2989.jpg

JUST LISTENING 9.3.6 AFTER UPGRADE TO NEW ACT4-20 AND IT PERFORM MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE:)
DSC_2999 (1).jpg
DSC_3004.jpg
DSC_3009 (1).jpg
IMG_3419.jpg

The new ACT4-20 come with new Firmware and 3 new designed Main boards , Digital board and DAC board . It's now perform immersive sound much much better than previous model .

fullsizeoutput_1f54.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f51.jpeg
U%uJQeXdSAqJMStOEj0FYg.jpg
EjIiTFpZSBiIetNzFVGlJw.jpg
C5R+00nsS4C6zTHOHm2XQQ.jpg
hgH2VtmoQQCWx3Ri97xQOA.jpg

In what way does it perform better than the 16 channel version? Ignoring it just adds more speakers, i.e. has anything else changed?

Is your install with the Acurus now complete mate?

Nope! Haha. It's a flat renovation so just doing the bathroom then it's good to go to get me and the system moved in. I'm really liking the dARTS so can't wait to unleash it a bit more. It's an old 1950's build block so lots of thick concrete walls and floors between me and the neighbors. I just have to manage sound leakage into the stairway but should be ok to run it at a decent volume.

..... I've already warned the neighbors

In what way does it perform better than the 16 channel version? Ignoring it just adds more speakers, i.e. has anything else changed?
The new ACT4-20 come with new replace 3 main boards that perform better :)

New Update ACRUS ACT4-20 & MUSE-16 , perfect for 16 and 20 channels immersive sound pre-processor :thumbsup:
DSC_3304.jpg
DSC_3305.jpg
DSC_3306.jpg
DSC_3312.jpg

The Muse is interesting, does this have a uk price yet ?

Interesting, so a little ahead of the £4-5k range but not in the £10k plus category

If it sounds anything like the ACT 4 then its a bit of a bargain.

Neil made a good point in another thread about the sound difference between the ACT 4 and Storm Audio processor. The Storm sounds excellent, I've heard it a couple of times, really fast and pinpoint sound steering. But, compared to the ACT 4, it does sound a bit clinical. The ACT 4 is very natural sounding. Steering is very precise, its very dynamic and transparent, but also just sounds a little bit more natural.

If the Muse is in your budget and floats your boat I think it would be a great buy.

I’ve just ordered the MUSE...
I’m super excited, coming from Marantz, then very briefly Emotiva rmc1 (died straight out of the box) I’m really hoping this will be something special.
Been without any processor now for a few weeks & the Acūrus doesn’t show up until next month....
I can’t wait

I’ve just ordered the MUSE...
I’m super excited, coming from Marantz, then very briefly Emotiva rmc1 (died straight out of the box) I’m really hoping this will be something special.
Been without any processor now for a few weeks & the Acūrus doesn’t show up until next month....
I can’t wait

Looking forward to your feedback when you get it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom