Activities start with Harmony app, but not from Elite Remote

robh2002

Hi all,
I'm about to give up on my new Harmony Elite remote and hub. I've come from programming iRule and Open Remote, but thought I'd give Harmony a try...

Activities work perfectly if I use the Android App, but if I try to start an Activity from the Elite remote touch screen - nothing happens. Oddly, if I use the Activity Tutorial, it does work. Doesn't make sense to me!

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,
Rob

Last edited:

robh2002

Umm, they should be as they are new, but it is something to try - will do so in the morning and report back. I should have said that each device works from the remote control, just not the activities, so the remote and hub must be paired?

Thanks for your help.

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Did you sync on the remote after pairing?

Should be menu (three bar icon on screen),settings, then scroll down for the sync remote option.
This takes about 3 minutes or so and should make sure that hub, app, and remote all have the same info.

robh2002

Morning Andy, thanks again for replying. Yep, I synced the remote as well, but no joy...I'll factory reset everything and start again.

What is very odd is that the activities work if one uses the help tutorial for the activity but not from the main activities screen.

Last edited:

logiciel

A case for Logitech support.

robh2002

Well, I've also done a complete reset and as ever, running an activity via the help tutorial works, but not from the front screen activity button. Very odd and frustrating too!

Will try Logitech support and report back...

robh2002

I have to say Logitech support were great.

In case any one else has such a silly problem, here is the solution.

It turns out, of all things, that it was simply that I was hot holding down the activities 'button' on the remote screen for long enough. On the app, a quick tap is all that is needed, but on the remote, there is a "remote" "touch duration" setting that was set to 1 second. Holding the button for 1 second and the activity starts. Simple.

Would be sensible to have the same duration setting on both the app and the remote, but anyway, that was the solution.

Oh, and thanks for those who replied here - much appreciated.

logiciel

!

Jaunty

Is the remote touch duration set on t remote or in the software? It may not exist on my Ultimate but it would be good ti have to avoid false changes

robh2002

The problem I had stemmed from a setting in the remote itself, not in the software.

I forget exactly and don't have the remote to hand, but there is a delay setting on the Elite handset settings that can changed. No idea about other handsets I'm afraid

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom