Active Sync and Contacts

P

Peter1234

Hi, is is possible to use Active Sync to sync more than one Contacts folder as it seems it's only the main folder and not the sub folder that Sync?

Thanks.

williemaykit

I think you can but it will depend on which version of ActiveSync you are using. Check the sync options and ensure that your sub folders under contacts are checked. The latest version of Active Sync is version 4.2.

P

Peter1234

I think you can but it will depend on which version of ActiveSync you are using. Check the sync options and ensure that your sub folders under contacts are checked. The latest version of Active Sync is version 4.2.

Many thanks - I've upgraded to 4.5 but still no option that I can see to sync anything other than Contacts (no sub folder to tick). In Outlook I have the the other Contacts as sub folders. Any other ideas?

And it's very true about the pigeons!

williemaykit

I had a look into it further, googled activesync contacts subfolder - http://www.google.com/search?q=activesync contacts subfolder

According to MSMobiles.com, you can't actually do it. Their suggestion is:

ActiveSync doesn't support syncing subfolders of contacts/calendar/tasks. A workaround is to assign a category to all of the contacts in that subfolder (such as "Personal"), then move them into the main contacts folder. Then you can either filter them on the device or desktop, or you can tell activesync to only copy down that category.

(Neil Enns)

There are products such as PocketMirror that can do it apparently but I have never used them as you have to pay for them and ActiveSync has always met my needs when I have had to use it. http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=18593

woody67

Why would you want more than one contacts folder.

Why not just categorise them and use filters to only see those you want to see?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom