1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Active sub woofer for a Tosh Tv

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by alamo, Jul 11, 2003.

1. alamo

alamo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope you guys who know lots more than me about these things will excuse my ignorance and give me a bit of advice.....

I have a 28" Tosh w/s tv which has a socket in the rear for an active sub woofer. I currently utilise the 2 surround speakers which I got with the TV, and was wondering...

a) Should I get a sub woofer to plug into that socket and, still using the 2 surround speakers, would it improve my sound ?

b) If the answer is "yes"...which model and where could I get one ? ( Budget limited to £150 max )

Thanks in advance for helping out an old man!!!

2. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the toshiba[or any surround tv]will probably have speakers that will only output a low wattage[5watts perchannel, i cant see if a sub will improve any thing in fact it may overpower them.i have a toshiba 33in and i never used the pro logic facillity as it was just to underpowered.

3. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I'd go for a good computer/multimedia sub like one of these You won't get quality bass from it but then you don't get hi-fi sound from your telly speakers. I'd pay up to £30 max and for that it should be fun until you want a full AV setup.