Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Active sub woofer for a Tosh Tv

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by alamo, Jul 11, 2003.

1. alamo

alamo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope you guys who know lots more than me about these things will excuse my ignorance and give me a bit of advice.....

I have a 28" Tosh w/s tv which has a socket in the rear for an active sub woofer. I currently utilise the 2 surround speakers which I got with the TV, and was wondering...

a) Should I get a sub woofer to plug into that socket and, still using the 2 surround speakers, would it improve my sound ?

b) If the answer is "yes"...which model and where could I get one ? ( Budget limited to £150 max )

Thanks in advance for helping out an old man!!!

2. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the toshiba[or any surround tv]will probably have speakers that will only output a low wattage[5watts perchannel, i cant see if a sub will improve any thing in fact it may overpower them.i have a toshiba 33in and i never used the pro logic facillity as it was just to underpowered.

3. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I'd go for a good computer/multimedia sub like one of these You won't get quality bass from it but then you don't get hi-fi sound from your telly speakers. I'd pay up to £30 max and for that it should be fun until you want a full AV setup.