1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Active Speakers on a budget?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mi_july, Nov 27, 2004.

1. mi_july

mi_july

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I need a temporary solution (6months or so), I need a 5.1 channel speaker set up, with the amplifier built in. (is this called an active speaker set?), this will be connected to either my audigy 2 or an optical output of the Abit IC7-G mobo which is in my media pc. As I have exhausted all my funds on the projector, and room setup (bedroom) They need to be around the £150 mark.
    Could anyone recomend a good set for this price range, I no it is low and I am not really expecting any exciting audio, as I said it will only be temporary.
    Thanks in advance
    -Alex-

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
  4. mi_july

mi_july

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh, well thanks for the reply's i was looking through a magazine and sore some eltax matrix speakers for 200 quid, how would these connect to my computer and would i see a significant increase in quality? thanks again
    Alex

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    unless they have a built in amp in the sub (if its a kit) then they could be ok, otherwise you will have to shell otu for an amp.
    IMHO You would still be better by getting some computer spekaers from creative or Logitech though than cheap speakers setups.

6. mi_july

mi_july

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies!!! im considering the Logitech Z5500's, they are nice and new so i will wait for a review. thanks again