Active bass speakers with a sub

markreed89

Hey, so this is kind of a speaker and sub question at the same time I guess. I've got mission 705a active bass speakers. They are Tri-wired (you can also bi wire them and feed the bass separately with a line in cable) and have a dial for adjusting the bass. What I'm wondering is if I'm running these with a separate sub, where should I set the bass dial on the speakers? The same place I found best without the sub?

Thanks

Mark

markreed89

I've had a thought to plug both the speakers in via LFE instead of the sub and run audyssey and see how much audyssey adjusts the gain, the adjust the dials until the gain is 0. Guessing that will put the bass in a good place to then be blended with a sub?

multibreed

Standard Member
Hi Mark did you try the 705as plugged into the LFE output of your reviver/amp?

If so how did it go?

Did use the line input for the LF only and bi-amped/bi-wired the MF and HF together.

I have the 704a. Which I am yet to try the way you suggested.

markreed89

Hi Mark did you try the 705as plugged into the LFE output of your reviver/amp?

If so how did it go?

Did use the line input for the LF only and bi-amped/bi-wired the MF and HF together.

I have the 704a. Which I am yet to try the way you suggested.
From what I understand you're not meant to use the lfe/sub out as that means you don't get the full bass signal Sent. What you're meant to do as far as I know is use the pre amp output. So you're sending a full range signal, but unamplified to the speakers

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom