Active and Passive Sub Connection

reysantillan

Novice Member
Hello,

Requesting help or confirmation to my planned connections of an active and passive subwoofers and main speakers to an integrated amp. I have attached my planned connection diagram.

SPECS:
Amp : 1000 watts per channel stereo only and can accept speakers rated from 4 to 8 ohms. Have speakers A and B binding posts output terminals, L and R sub outs terminals and speakon outs for speakers as well.

Active Sub : 8 ohms, 175 watts. Only have 1 RCA LFE input. Have speaker line levels

Passive Sub : 4 ohms, 400 watts with only speakon input

Basically, my plan is to hook up the active sub RCA LFE input to amp using only one RCA cable. Since there are 2 RCA’s, L&R sub outs in amp, where should I connect it? Left or Right sub out?

Then, I plan to connect my passive sub through the binding posts speaker outs of the amp.

Finally, my main speakers will be connected to the amps speakons terminals.

Will this work? May I have your expert suggestions/advise please.

Thanks,
Rey

Attachments

• 8B12D2B1-3603-4B8C-866C-BA40BA1A4B4C.jpeg
    8B12D2B1-3603-4B8C-866C-BA40BA1A4B4C.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 4128C8D1-C691-4296-9744-B7DFF1FC9340.jpeg
    4128C8D1-C691-4296-9744-B7DFF1FC9340.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 17

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
If you wire a sub driver and a pair of speakers to the same amp bad things will happen.

You'll need another amplifier for the passive sub

reysantillan

Novice Member
If you wire a sub driver and a pair of speakers to the same amp bad things will happen.

You'll need another amplifier for the passive sub
Hello, since I have a powered mixer, can I use this just an amp to power my passive sub? If so, I understand I have to connect from line out of powered amp but, where should it be connected to powered mixer and also where should my passive sub connect from mixer?
Thanks,
Rey

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom