• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Active 3D Glasses - Use With Any TV?

cdrider

Established Member
Hi

Over the weekend I picked up a Sony Bravia KDL-55W809C and separately two pairs of Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses

I thought the glasses would work as the TV is active 3D, the same as the glasses. I can't get them to pair up with the TV so I called Sony. The chap there said the TV will only work with TDG-BT500A glasses.

I know nothing about 3D etc so is it right that every telly Sony release needs its own glasses? (That's what SOny told me). I'd have thought as long as the telly and glasses used the same tech (active not passive) they'd be OK.

Or am I a misinformed chump?

Ta.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
not all active will work with each other as older active used rf and newer use bluetooth, i have samsung ones and they work fine on my sony.

cdrider

Established Member
Ah. So I'm a chump after all ;) Looks like these glasses will be going back and new ones bought.

thanks very much for the help

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
looking at them they are infa red ones, sony tvs come with and infa red dongle you can plug in the tvs usb, but i would get some blutooth ones as they are better.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
samsung ssg-5100gb ssg3100gb
SSG-3570CR

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Had no problems with them on my sony kdl75 855c.

ernissss

Novice Member
Tried 3100GB and 5100GB. Both of them worked good, but crosstalk/ghosting issue make 3D movies unwatchable...

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Tried 3100GB and 5100GB. Both of them worked good, but crosstalk/ghosting issue make 3D movies unwatchable...
What TV do you have.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member

ernissss

Novice Member
Very odd, the Sony's are very good with 3d, have you played with the settings.
There are only few settings about 3D, but not only mine TV has this issue, this is very popular problem between X850C (and other Sony models) owners. Hope Sony's engineers will solve that in next FW updates

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
There are only few settings about 3D, but not only mine TV has this issue, this is very popular problem between X850C (and other Sony models) owners. Hope Sony's engineers will solve that in next FW updates
My w855 was top for 3d

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom