1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

activating PIP in philips service menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by vivaatloni, Jun 18, 2004.

1. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that in the service menu of my philips 32pw9509 there is an option of activating PIP (for a single tuner). I heard this option was also available with the pw9308. Has anyone thried this? And did it work.

I am a bit afraid of trying this cause the set is only a day old.

2. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi vivaatloni,

I noticed it to but haven't tried it. I'll let you be the first:D
    By the way, how's the new TV working out. I hope its OK

Bazza

3. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I let the honours to you. You can easily switch the set. That seems to be daily business for you :)

Yeah, It's really great. I put my findings in the 9509 thread.

4. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No M8, this one is staying. Its even on its own stand now and looking good for it. I read your first findings in the other thread. Please to hear you like it. Give it some time and it should settle down a bit. I found the whites to hard at first but they do settle.

Bazza

5. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course I went looking for the black bars. I know I am supposed not to, but I did :suicide: .

I do see some white bars in the screen when I look very good (sort of a cross). Do these also dissapear (or get less) after a while?

6. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about the white bars M8 but the black ones are only visable with RGB source inputs.

Bazza

7. martin999

martin999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This service menu, not sure where this is on the main menu, please enlighten me, can then try this setting.

Martin999 :thumbsup:

8. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    062596 and then press i+ button

Let me know your experience

9. martin999

martin999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info on getting into the service menu. Have done this, but comes up with "to cancel switch TV off" and "press any key to enter menu" warns that should not be done unless engineer. I did turn TV off, as unsure how easy it would be to come out of the menu, would like to see the settings etc., but maybe someone can confirm as to how i get out of the menu and the sort of settings i would get too. I don't want to alter any, as far as i know, as TV working ok for me, only a week old. :rolleyes:

Martin999

10. nutrunner

nutrunner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    martin
    The engineers service menu is designed just the same as the normal menu system on the tv. If you press any number on the handset after pressing the required access code,it just pops up. You can navigate your way around the menu easily without fear of upsetting anything. If you do bottle it, you can just turn the tv off at the main switch. When you turn the tv back on, all will be back as normal.

I was also a little nervous the first time I had a little look, just dont jump in and mess about with the settings.

Nutrunner :clap: :clap:

11. scotte

scotte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys, :hiya:

Anyone actually tried the PIP setting yet? If so can you post your results?

Cheers.

12. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, still didin't try it. In theory it is possible cause with that option you enable a single tuner PIP, that gets it's input from the tuner and from the scart (or tvtext).

I think it will work, cause the marketing trick of the 9509 is put a tv set in the market that is as expensive as the 9528 but hasn't got PIP.

But yeah someone must have the nuts to try it!!

13. XENTiNEL

XENTiNEL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is PIP and what does it do? Is there other usefull settings in the service menu?

14. htos

htos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Vivaatloni i tried the PIP setting on my 9509 and nothing usefull happend. I activated the PIP option from service menu and deactivated the dual screen/text option , but still nothing. After having stored those settings i turn off and on my tv and press the 1/2 button for screen and teletext but no split screen appears and there is no signal from the ext1-4 inputs too.
    I tried all the compinations but no luck! i went again in the service menu and reseted the buffer errors, because after the changes that i made i had some errors (some numbers shown on the 3rd row of settings) just reset them on the 4rth row of settings store it and turnyour tv off and on again and you are just as before.
    BAD LUCK FOR PIP!