Action / Adventure / Shoot em Up Wanted.

king_cantona

Standard Member
Reaction score

Im looking to buy an action packed game for the Xbox 360 that is similar to a James Bond Film.

Im not really sure what games are availalble in this category for the 360 or if any actually exist at the moment.

I want a Shoot em up but im not bothered about shooting aliens or about shooting german soldiers from WWII.

Like I said something on the same lines as a modern james bond film.

Can any one help and suggest any action shoot em ups for the 360.

What about Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent, has all the elements you ask for and can be found pretty cheaply nowadays if you shop around.

Game details from amazon:
Double agent gameplay and branching storyline: Play both sides and decide between opposing NSA and terrorists objectives. You choose who's priorities to support, and who's to undermine. Your actions affect the story and gameplay, leading to shockingly different endings.

Upgradeable weapons and gadgets: As you progress get access to upgraded prototype gadgets and weapons, like improved night vision, based on your choices and covert skills.

Authentic double agent tactics: Use realistic tactics, based on testimonies of actual undercover agents, to sabotage the enemies' plans.

Don't blow your cover: Steal, destroy, kill, and evade the authorities. Do whatever it takes to make your mark and gain their trust.

A world of International espionage: Go from Shanghai and Cozumel to America itself, where New York City and Los Angeles are threatened by the terrorists' agenda of destruction.

All-new extreme gameplay situations: Conduct your missions underwater amidst churning ice floes, in a blinding sandstorm, or even sheathed in dust and smoke.

Innovative multiplayer: The critically acclaimed multiplayer modes are back with new innovations and exclusives for each platform. Get recruited and earn rank upgrades, and sabotage and spy for your team.

Thanks for the reply so quicklly.

But I think Splinter Cell is a bit too slow paced.

My impression of SC is that the idea of the game is to creep around and stay undetected.

Im looking for something with a little more fast paced action with guns, modern gadgets and bad guys.

Keep the ideas coming guys.

Call of Duty 4, it's more like a traditional shooter very fast paced and intense at times and online multiplayer is awesome. You play missions as an SAS soldier and a US Marine.

How about Just Cause

It's a long shot but how about Mass Effect?

Nothing like Bond but you do get to go on an adventure, kill lots of baddies and play with cool tech / gadgets.

The fact it's an awesome game is just another plus point!

In addition to stuff like BioShock, COD4, Gears etc, as mentioned by others, another action packed game is Stranglehold.

I dont think you're going to get anything that similar to Bond though.

I'd nominate another Clancy game, Ranbow 6 Vegas. Fantastic shooter, fast with some thinkyness. Choice of weapons and things with a bit of a boo hiss bad guy.

Or get one of the old Xbox Bond games that play on the 360. The one with Heidi Klum in was quite good when i played it.

Another vote for Mass Effect, just finished my 1st run through last night and fully intend to have at least one more run through, best game on the 360 as far as I'm concerned

Just Cause - cost you next to nothing and there's lots of shooting/parachuting/driving/flying involved.

Im looking to buy an action packed game for the Xbox 360 that is similar to a James Bond Film.

Im not really sure what games are availalble in this category for the 360 or if any actually exist at the moment.

I want a Shoot em up but im not bothered about shooting aliens or about shooting german soldiers from WWII.

Like I said something on the same lines as a modern james bond film.

Can any one help and suggest any action shoot em ups for the 360.

First thing that cam into my head when i read that was Hitman, no idea if the game is that good but sounds like the closest thing to James Bond...

First thing that cam into my head when i read that was Hitman, no idea if the game is that good but sounds like the closest thing to James Bond...

You have to be fairly slow and methodical in Hitman, it might not be "run and gun" enough for the OP.

I really enjoyed previous Hitman games on PS2, but for some reason struggled to get into Blood Money, though it's a decent game. Ridiculous achievements too - you have to complete the game once on each difficulty setting to pick them up... :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom