Act of Valour Cinema Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
This isn’t a film about right and wrong; good and bad. At least not in real-world terms.

You may well have been opposed to many, or all, of the so-called ‘wars’ that have been undertaken by the United States – promoting themselves as the world police to root out ‘the enemies of the free world’ – over the last half a Century. From Vietnam to Korea; Iraq to Afghanistan, the political motivations behind many of these offensive actions have been questionable at best.

There’s one thing that we shouldn’t question, though, and that’s the courage of the men who fight these battles.

Blame the politicians, the press; blame religion, or at least interpretation thereof. But don’t blame the men (and women) who put their lives on the line day in and day out while we all go about our jobs blissfully unaware of what it actually takes to be a man who would take a bullet for someone; who would throw himself on...

Read the full review...

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Good review.Unfortunately the trailer/interview is for a different film.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the review. Actually thought it was going to be a bit more controversial than this but I'm glad that Easter chocolate has made everybody more relaxed!

Sorry about the trailer, I've edited and put in the right one now. If you look closely you can see several of the shots that I mention in my review, including the impressive sliding knee move.

Cheers, Cas

TranceFan

its hard to see this film anything other than empty headed propaganda film to get the intellectually challenged to sign up to fight morally-bankrupt illegal wars in foreign countries - wars that in the end endanger all of us and make us a target. If these muppets refused to serve in these acts of aggression that have killed so many innocent civilians, the world would be a better place. This films release really is quite inappropriate after the recent massacre of Afghan children in Kandahar by 15-20 US troops (according to the official Afghan investigation into the killings and eye witness reports).

1/10 one to avoid

Last edited:

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
its hard to see this film anything other than empty headed propaganda film to get the intellectually challenged to sign up to fight morally-bankrupt illegal wars in foreign countries - wars that in the end endanger all of us and make us a target. If these muppets refused to serve in these acts of aggression that have killed so many innocent civilians, the world would be a better place. This films release really is quite inappropriate after the recent massacre of Afghan children in Kandahar by 15-20 US troops (according to the official Afghan investigation into the killings and eye witness reports).

1/10 one to avoid
Well I guess I spoke too soon. :suicide:

Ok, so are you really saying we should blame the soldiers?

In fact, are you really calling serving military men "muppets"??!

Surely, if these soldiers refused to serve then they would just be conscripted instead? How would that then stop the morally bankrupt wars you talk about?

The whole point I was trying to make in my review is that you can't blame the soldiers for the wars that they fight in...

cmdrmarc

1/10 one to avoid
Muppets? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't call them that to their face. Have you actually watched this?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom