Acronis Home 10 Backup Sware

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by cjb, Jan 10, 2008.

1. cjb

cjb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    Anyone using Acronis 10 backup software ?
    I have been using this with no real problems on my old XP Pentium 4 with IDE disks.
    Just got a new PC with only SATA disks , originally with Vista Home , now added XP on another disk.
    Had a nightmare first time use of Acronis on this new PC as I tried to backup the original disk and then clone onto the new disk.
    When I cloned the disk and the program rebooted the PC, got a message 'No Configuration file present'. I then was in a reboot loop situation and could find no way out without recovering from the recover PTN bootup DVD.
    Went to the Acronis website and found they had updated the software since I bought the retail version.
    So I updated my installation and tried again.
    SAME NIGHTMARE.. no reboot.
    I can only assume this version 10 does not support my PC cos it sees my disks as IDE.
    Still waiting for the help desk to return my problem request.
    Anyone had similar ?
    Everyone else BEWARE. :suicide:

2. Cadire

Cadire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Strange, I have SATA disks and don't have any problems at all. I only ever backup and restore from the boot disk though, and have never tried the Windows based part of it.

If you're also using the boot disk, I can only suggest that it is a BIOS setting.

Good luck getting it fixed!

3. cjb

cjb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK thats interesting.. I have been using the Windows interface.
    I'll maybe try again but I am VERY VERY nervous about what will happen. Still haven't heard from Acronis so I'll wait till they decide to communicate and see what this config file error is.
    ......Just had a thought though.. my boot sequence is for the CDROM first , but the sequence of HDD priority can be changed.. maybe thats it after all ... perhaps the new clone disk has to be the priority one.
    If I feel brave I'll change it round but not sure if that affects using the windows interface..
    Thanks for your reply.