Acoustic Solutions gear...hot or snot?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by [email protected], Nov 6, 2005.

1. Ph@tboy

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    im after sorting myself out a budget based seperates setup and have been looking at the acoustic solutions gear in richer sounds, i cant find any info on this kit really, anyone had experience with it, and have thoughts on sound quality etc, it would be V V V appreachiated.

looking at the SP series amp,cd and DAB

Cheers

Ben

2. Beobloke

Beobloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Ah, good old Acoustic Pollutions!! :D

Actually their kit isn't too bad considering its price. Certainly the DAB tuner we had in the office where i used to work was a damn sight more reliable than either the Pure 701 or the CA Azur 640T we also tried, both of which would throw a strop and lose all their stations on a regular basis.

3. Ph@tboy

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    lol cheers for the reply mate, comedy name for em too

Im quite tempted to go for some of there gear, as i am on quite a tight budget. other than that its a cambridge audio A1 mk3 and a random cd player, thought the SP series acoustic stuff looks pretty nice too

4. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    I've had a couple of early 'AS' dvd players and they were pretty good value, although they didn't last much more than a year each. Haven't tried the amps to be honest though.

The Cambridge A1 family of amps are well built and have a sound that I enjoy. No bells or whistles just basic efficient designs :) At the price I think that for NEW equipment they are good value.

5. koshatnik

koshatnik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DVD player is Acoustic Solutions, I think it cost like £80. To be honest, I can't tell the difference between DVD players. To me, they all look the same - put in disc, press play, picture appears. Which is fine for my needs. Had it for 2 years now, still works.

6. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,422
    The DAB tuner is good and shares its guts with more expensive solutions
    This review is of the previous model. The SP111 also has a decent FM tuner.
    http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_print.asp?ID=2736

I picked mine as there seemed no point in buying a Pure tuner at double the price when the source for DAB isn't that great.

Couldn't comment on the other components and might be tempted to look for 2nd hand on here before buying at that price point?

P.S. IIRC you have to buy the tuner to get the remote for some of the other components.