1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acoustic Solutions DS1233 - IR remote extender - Help needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by maddav, Jun 17, 2005.

1. maddav

maddav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my Acoustic Solutions DS1233 all-in-one system for about a week now, and have suffered a somewhat annoying problem, my viewing (and listening) area is somewhat hindered by my desk, so to make room for everything the active sub (w/all controls regarding inputs, volume etc.) has to sit out of sight of my remote, even moving the sub into the 'open', means it's still out of range of the remote, (which IS a very good lightweight remote, just has very bad range)

I was wondering if someone could help me find an Infra Red extender, that can be placed on my desk allowing me to control the Sub when it's hidden from where I sit.

I've found lots of sites and potential producta, but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, prefereably I'd have something that only requires either 1 mains plug or batteries, and I'd prefer to have a cabled solution as opposed to wireless.

Something like this, where ~~~ = IR and ------- = cable.

Sub IR sensor ~~~~~~ IR eye --------- IR Transmitter ~~~~~~~~ Remote

Thanks in advance!

David

2. maddav

maddav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I've managed to find a great solution to my problem, it's a battery powered device that has two 'eyes' and one emitter, it costs £25 which is pretty good considering the one on ebay was around £21 incl. delivery.

HiFiR/StereoControl - Infra-Red Extender