Quantcast

ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS AV-20 Bookshelp speakers (£19.99 from comet/argos)

biggy7

hi guys, newbie here!

i just popped into my local comet 2day for a browse and noticed they had ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS AV-20 bookshelf speakers for £19.99 (for the pair)

i just did a google and argos seem to have the same speakers at the same price.

spec:
A versatile pair of 2-way bookshelf speakers.

Suitable for surround applications.

Ideal extension speakers for existing hi-fi systems.

50 watt RMS power rating - 90 watt pmpo.

Styled in a modern beech colour.

Removable black fabric grilles.

8 ohms impedance.

Keyhole slot for easy wall mounting.

A pair of 3m speaker cables supplied.

Supplied in a carry home gift carton.

Size (H)23cm, (W)18cm, (D)14.5cm.

anyone have any of these?

what are they like? i want them for my bedroom, where i am using the speakers from my cambridge soundworks DTT2500 kit at the moment,

but want something newer, im on a budget so dont wanna spend loads as its for the bedroom, i know it prob is a rubbish speker cos franly you get what you pay for, but they do actually look quite good,

any advice or owner reviews much appreciated!

thanks

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by biggy7
i just popped into my local comet 2day for a browse and noticed they had ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS AV-20 bookshelf speakers for £19.99 (for the pair)

i know it prob is a rubbish speker
I wonder exactly what the economics of these speakers are. £3 of the price is Vat so the net selling price is only £17. I can't see Comet taking up valuable shelf and warehouse space without making at least £5 profit and it must cost at least another £5 to ship them over from wherever in the Far East they were made.

That leaves £7 manufacturing cost and manufacturers profit.

Dfour

R

racecoursepete

i have 2 pairs of these little speakers and they are great, i have them wired up to my sony av receiver for full surround and they are pretty responsive, backed up with a sub and you cant go wrong.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I wonder exactly what the economics of these speakers are. £3 of the price is Vat so the net selling price is only £17. I can't see Comet taking up valuable shelf and warehouse space without making at least £5 profit and it must cost at least another £5 to ship them over from wherever in the Far East they were made.

That leaves £7 manufacturing cost and manufacturers profit.

I agree with Ian, when you work out the econimics of them there really can't be that much to them at all. You'd be better looking for a second hand pair of Monitor Audio Bronze B1s or similar. Should be able to get a pair for about £50.