1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acoustic Research MC.1 Holographic series

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by titanax, Apr 6, 2002.

1. titanax

titanax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't really know much about center speakers, & how you should select one, so when I ended up with an AR Holographic imaging series mc.1 center speaker....well I am clueless !

Should I keep it, or dump it ?!

2. freak1942

freak1942
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The inventor of "holography" in audio is CARVER in USA.
    His unit, CARVER C-9 Sonic Holography Generator , look Ebay.

Read your manual, when no better stereo or when the spatial image is not improved, the MC.1 is not doing the job intended to be.

I have the C-9 and is really improving stereo imaging, it requires a thorough placement of speaker before you get the sweet spot.
    The theory behind holography is very good and works well in normal stereo setup.
    It is not a unit with sonic tricks, it does not add something, but cancels delayed signals which directs to the wrong earside.

In a normal 60/60/60 degrees setup you can hear signals coming from outside the LH and Rh boxes.

I do not believe in Surround, it is like the BOSE speakers, its not stereo.
    AR-90’s refurbishing, REVOX tuner B760, REVOX amplifier B750 Mk ii, CARVER C-9 sonic holography generator, REVOY DVD player, DBX BoomBox (Sub Harmonic Synthesizer), QUADRAL Shogun Mk iv temporarily.