Question acoustic foam plugs for Denon SC-F109 speakers

vestkom

Novice Member
Have anybody Denon SC-F109 speakers with preserved original sound foam plugs? Its made from acoustic closed cell foam.
What is its exact dimensions, diameter & length, mm? I just don't have them.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
If it is closed cell foam then a rolled up sock will do the job.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Search for Foam Suppliers in the UK. I know I found one a while back that would cut custom foam, and they also had pre-cut foam cylinders.

You'll find some links and helpful advise in this thread -

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
I found a Foam Supplier, but I would like to know the exact bung dimensions..

Do you have the speakers? You should be able to estimate the dimension simply by measuring the Ports themselves. You want the Bungs to be slightly bigger than the Port so they are held in with some tension.

Here is a photo at this website that shows the back of the speakers, for those not familiar with the speaker.

Make a best guess measurement as to the size of the Port opening then add perhaps 1/4" (6.35mm).

As to depth, again measure how deep the Port is and make a judgement call. Likely 2" to 3" (50.8mm to 76mm) would be more than deep enough. But again, a judgement call on you part.

Steve/bluewizard

vestkom

Novice Member
Thanks a lot. No, I have no these speakers. I'm planning to purchase a pair of used SC-F109 (in good condition), just noticed in the picture that there are missing these foam bungs.

dogfonos

I found a Foam Supplier, but I would like to know the exact bung dimensions..

This subject has great scope for snake-oil products. Beware of paying silly money when a chunk of material, a large cork stopper or rolled up socks will do the same job.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom