1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acoustic Energy Speaker Package. What else do I need?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Goatee, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Goatee

Goatee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After seeing the Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO 3B Home Cinema Package recently ( http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/...Product_ID/1311 ) I am starting to save for this beast of a setup. However, in order to budget I was wondering what else I am going to need to drive these speakers to their full potential. I will be using them for TV, DVD, Tuner and CD audio. I currently own a Yamaha CDX-493 CD player and a NAD C320 Amp. What else am I going to need and can you recommend anything specific?

Sorry if this is a daft question but I've become totally out of touch since buying my last setup.

Many thanks in advance :)

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    You can get the EVOs cheaper fromHifiblitz

The are supposed to be pretty good but they need a lot of space, though so bear that in mind.

You will need a receiver to go with a 5.1 system, lots of sugestions can be found in these forums. The Marantz 4300 and 5300 are common recommendations along with the Yamaha 630.

Good luck

Daneel

3. Oli

Oli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've got Evo 3 fronts and centre, together with my Denon 3802... lovely :)

4. Goatee

Goatee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, thanks for your input. Yeah, I've seen them in HiFiBitz but Superfi had a better picture to show ;)

I've currently got the Aegis 1's (not the Evo 1's, the older version). Will the Evo 3's be a reasonable upgrade from these. Also, for CD audio is it best to stick with stereo output from the Evo 3's or does the surround work well too?

If I was to get the Yamaha 640 receiver, would this then make my NAD useless? Or will the NAD be better than the Yam for driving the Evo 3's for CD audio?

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.