1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acoustic Energy P5 System

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fidge, Oct 18, 2002.

1. fidge

fidge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope this is the right place for this - has anybody any experience of living with this system - is it good, bad or indifferent. Any thoughts gratefully received.:confused: :confused:

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know if its the same one as mine i have the aego 5 system with the processer. i find it very good the sub has to have the external power supply not the built in one.

3. fidge

fidge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Thats the one. I forgot to put the 'Aego' in the original title. I want the best sound for not much money, and I saw that this system has won an award. Does the fact that its a physically small system limit the sound quality. I really know diddly about all this, but I want a 'cinema-in-a-box' solution as I really havent got the confidence(or the time) to go hunting for separates. I've only just bought a DVD (Sony DVPNS7000 or whateverthenumberis) so it has to be a processor only system.

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think the sound is great everyone says all that sound comes from those little speakers,make sure you get the external power supply with the sub, if you dont ae will replace the power supply for you for free
    how much you paying for it if you dont mind me asking, i got mine 5 sats 1 sub and processer from currys (i know dont laugh) £400 they dont stock them anymore
    mine is in white

5. fidge

fidge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again - what a price! The best I've found so far is £540 on the net. There doesnt seem to be that many retailers actually selling the things. I get the feeling that this is a deliberate ploy by AE to keep the price up- but obviusly I could be way wrong on that. If anyone has seen this system really cheap(and still being stocked) or Buy1get1free or something, please let me know.

6. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    There was a post on the Bargain Forum of thedvdforums a few months back for £460. Four of my friends bought them and are really happy. I've only heard them with movies at the Bristol Hi-Fi show and was impressed. The old 2 speaker system was pretty good with music too.

I think the company was called Sound and Vision and are in the North West, maybe Blackpool?

Might be these: http://www.soundandvision.uk.com/

7. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't believe the size of these things when I saw them this week. Didn't get a chance to listen properly. They were in Sevenoaks.