• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acoustic Energy Aelite 3 Floor Standers £440

potshot

Prominent Member
Just picked up a pair of Acoustic Energy Aelite 3
from peter tyson for £440, they have them on ebay for £479 buy it now and best offer, I tried to get them for a lower price but they wouldn't go any lower. Not bad considering they were originally released for £750. To wait for the centre speaker to drop lower than £179.

JoolsIOM

Standard Member
Just picked up a pair of Acoustic Energy Aelite 3
from peter tyson for £440, they have them on ebay for £479 buy it now and best offer, I tried to get them for a lower price but they wouldn't go any lower. Not bad considering they were originally released for £750. To wait for the centre speaker to drop lower than £179.

Hi fella. You kindly helped me out with speaker suggestions on the Yamaha AV owners forum and subsequently I found this post. I took your suggestion to Aego T's but only got them for the rears as decided I wanted a proper speaker setup to do justice for the music element of the amp's use. I also ordered a BK sub that you rec'd. Got a quote from Peter Tysons for Aelite 3 plus aelite 7 for centre at 630 for both before I saw your thread. Ironic, eh!! How are you finding these AE Aelite 3's. I believe you have a 3067 amp, but what the heck; Yam's are all guided as warm so was wondering what you thought before I pulled the trigger. Was just tossing between these and the Neo 3 V2 plus centre as they are cheaper. Thoughts?

redboy1

Prominent Member
I can vouch for the neo,s :smashin:

I have the v1's which are pretty much the same as the v2's apart from cosmetics. They sound brilliant, deep base, nice and tight and not overpowering. The highs are crisp and clear with lovely midrange. All that for a very decent price.

I got my neo 3 v1's for £185 on close out direct from the AE ebay site, They dont have any v2's at the moment but Ive seen the v2's for about £285 on other sites which i think is a good price for a lot of speaker. They do have the centres though for £125 acousticenergysales | eBay UK

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom