1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acoustic Energy Aelite 2

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by p3rfect, Jan 8, 2005.

1. p3rfect

p3rfect
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me an overview of these speakers please as I have the opportunity to buy second hand but not to audition. I listen to mainly dance music and need heavy punchy bass, obviously not boomy. I will be using it with an Arcam P90/3 power amp and a high quality pre amp mixer / turntable dj setup.

Any other suggestions? I have a budget of about 500 quid for bookshelfs, and would probably like to buy 2nd hand or ex dem. In fairness my real budget could extend to 700 notes but 500 would be more comfortable! But if the extra outlay would be worth it I'd be happy with that.

Thanks in advance,
    Nic

2. Craig Sowerby

Craig Sowerby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi

I had a pair of these at home for about 5 weeks and thought they were really refined for the price tag, lower frequencies are a little heavier than some but the mid and upper range are fairly clean, i wouldnt personally use them with the Arcam kit if your listening to dance type music, i would say that the overall sound would be a little too restrained and lack the attack you might need.

3. p3rfect

p3rfect
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers dude, I'm having a really hard time trying to match some speakers. Am still looking for a pair of Dynaudio 52's or 52 SE's. No luck yet and I am becoming frusrtated now.