Acoustic Energy AEGO T 5.1...and the amp is??

dibberly

After reading and reading and reading this forum i have decided to part with my old sony pascals (model - save 705) and get the Acoustic Energy AEGO T 5.1 speakers.....

Now my amp is an old Sherwood RVD9090-RDS...will this amp be ok with the new speakers or do i need to upgrade that aswell??

Again after reading this forum (boy do i do some research!!) i think the amp i would go for is the Onkyo 605 as i dont wanna spend much more than the £400 mark...then theres the speaker cable to find - does it ever end (no cause then i need to get rid of my knackered pani dmr hs2 and get something to replace it!!)

BTW - i have a pioneer 506XDE if that helps?

podhead

For what its worth, I recently purchased a Onkyo 605 and a set of Q-accoustics 5.1 and it all works very well together.
sounds pritty good playing cds but really comes into its own playing a dolby d or dts encoded dvd.
The 605 is really easy to set up and use and the Audyssy auto speaker calibration is a doddle to use.
I have to say the service I receved from AV-sales was really good (a rare thing these days) they talked threw the kit I had and how i would conect it and included the leads I needed adn threw in some half decent speaker cable for a very reasonable price and it all arrived promptly.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom