1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acoustic Energy aego P5 MKII - Hiss problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by scpatterson, Jul 16, 2005.

1. scpatterson

scpatterson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a new Acoustic Energy AEGO P5 MkII Surround sound system. I connected the system up as per the manual. Once I powered it up I could hear a hiss from the satallite speakers. This could be heard (all be it slight) from the listening position (about 2-3 metres from each speaker), but when listened to close to the speaker, was quite loud. The same amount of hiss can be heard wether the volume is at max or muted and it doesnt matter if all inputs are disconnected. I have contacted acoustic energy asking if this was normal, there reply was that a slight amount of hiss is normal with no input signal. I have since listened to denon and jbl systems and the level of hiss is 0 to very slight. Does anyone have the same system of the mkI? If so let me know what the hiss level of your system is like with no input signal.

Cheers

Stuart

2. ap400user

ap400user

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. When I contacted AE, they said that this was consistent with a problem with the first batch of these units produced. Send it off AE for a repair.

3. rickchild

rickchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I also have the same problem with loudish hissing from all speakers.

Was the decoder the problem or the sub unit?

Just wondering as hopefully the whole 15kg doesn't need to be posted back to AE :eek:

I guess they don't require the lot back?