ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGO M - As good as they say?

Marcos

AE26-06B_000.JPG

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2543

Are they really that good? I'm almost definitely buying them as i only have room for 1 bedroom setup.

bu5ter

For what they are yeah they are cracking!!! wouldnt fill a huge room but for such a small set of speakers they really have a bit of welly behind them

Marcos

cool, i've been using logitech's X230 for a couple fo years, i didnt know what to get for uni but i wish i'd just spent the £100 back then and got them. I'm beng too cheap with stuff that really matters

Marcos

where did you get them?

i think super-fi do them for £90 delivered

chris5566

Standard Member
evening all,
apologies for barging in on this thread but I've just got a pair of these and am only getting sound through the right hand channel and the sub-woofer. Connected to my Samsung r87 via the stereo out. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

All help greatly appreciated.

1ntense

Novice Member
Got mine from Leicester Hifi, took them home only to find out they were damaged..

Had to go exchange them today after listening to a set of harman kardon soundsticks and maudio pc speaker type things and imo the aego m s**t all over them both :D

Was going to order from overclockers, superfi or hifix for £90 but dont have a debit card atm so got from hifi shop.

Imo these speakers are the cats danglies, you wont be disappointed! :smashin:

David_S14

evening all,
apologies for barging in on this thread but I've just got a pair of these and am only getting sound through the right hand channel and the sub-woofer. Connected to my Samsung r87 via the stereo out. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I had a faulty cable initially which gave the same symptoms. Try swapping the cables round and see if it's cable or speaker related.

Gavster

I have to agree with the other posters here. A superb set of speakers for the money. The build quality is nice, very robust and very minimalist too.

I have a Slim Devices Squeezebox 3 delivering the audio and they sound great.

thelawnet

how do they compare to say a pair of bookshelf speakers?

it might just be me, but I can't say I'm blown away. I'm very conscious that I'm listening to music through a pair of tiny speakers, though that might just be because they are a foot away from me on my desk. I'm not sure I prefer them to the mini hi-fi I was passing into line-in of before.

I'd be *much* better off with a pair of Wharfedale Diamonds. Certainly when I had them plugged into various TV stations earlier I did not get any sense I was listening to a hi-fi system, just another set of 2.1 speakers

sennen

I had an Aego M for use with a Squeezebox. For me, the sat-sub sound was really distracting, and with the bass turned down the sound seemed flat and there seemed to be a big gap in the middle frequencies. Some of it could have been due to sub positioning in the room and me sitting within a metre of each speaker, but I had few choices.

I ended up selling the Aego M after a month or two and purchasing a mini Onkyo CD/DAB receiver and Q 1010 speakers -- which I'm far happier with, sounds much more like my main hifi, but of course it cost 4 times that of the Aego.

F

Filski

How is the volume controlled on these when connected to a TV?

sennen

It depends on your TV and how you connect it to the Aego.

Some TVs can control the volume level fed to a line-level output, usually after disabling the internal TV speakers. So you could use the TV remote in this case.

Other TVs don't, so you would either have to use a headphone output (assuming that does have a volume control) or use the volume control on the top of the Aego subwoofer.

HTH.

OneDesi

evening all,

I reckon cos you've plugged Samsung to the wrong phono sockets - the Aego has 3 phono ins and one of these is the subwoofer ;)

As for the Aego package - for the money it gives a sound much better than I expected in my study from a Squeezebox 3 so I'm well chuffed. I think it is a bit bass heavy but goes plenty loud!

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom