Acoustic Energy Aegis Queries

Chaos Star

http://www.digitaldirectuk.com/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=397

2x Aegis 1 Speakers/Beech
2x Aegis 2 Speakers/Beech
1x Aegis Centre Speaker/BlackAsh

Just for a mere £134

:D Just bought the following and was hoping someone could tell me if the beech colour is the mingin dark brown from the above link - or will be a lighter hue as most beech speakers are?

I was also wondering if I will percieve much of a difference over my currect setup?

Yamaha DSP AX-620 (AMP)
Mission 702e (FRONT)
Mission 700 (REAR)
Mission 70C1 (CENTRE)

Im hoping my impulsive buy hasnt left me with 2 Speakers sets that are near identical in peformance (the 702es are going to be used with my stereo kit so they at least wont go to waste), the missions maxed out quite easily so Im hoping the Aegis with the higher power rating should have more grunt?

I was going to run the Aegis kit with Silver Aniversy cable has anyone used these 2 together and had good results?

Cheers for any help in advance - any information on the speakers would be much appreciated as due to there age there isnt much information on them.

:smashin:

Cheng

I got this same deal for £200 about 1 and 1/2 years ago. Beech is light colour, not brown. Think yellowy beige (well beech :D! ). I always considered them 'good value' speakers, my dads old Tannoy bookshelves were better than the 2s, and I recently upgraded to some Tannoy Definiton D700s, they totally blow away the Aegis 2/1 s! I suppose, depending where you're coming from, when I first got them they were my first speakers and I liked them, but if you compare them with real 'quality' kit they can't compare :(

Chaos Star

Originally posted by Cheng
I got this same deal for £200 about 1 and 1/2 years ago. Beech is light colour, not brown. Think yellowy beige (well beech :D! ). I always considered them 'good value' speakers, my dads old Tannoy bookshelves were better than the 2s, and I recently upgraded to some Tannoy Definiton D700s, they totally blow away the Aegis 2/1 s! I suppose, depending where you're coming from, when I first got them they were my first speakers and I liked them, but if you compare them with real 'quality' kit they can't compare :(
I appreciate that real quality kit (i.e expensive) would no doubt blow them away - but they only cost 1£34 pounds and they will let me use my 702e in the living room with the Hifi.

The tannoy speakers you mention were RRP of £2500 - Aegis 2 was £300. Does the tannoy sound £2200 better?

Dont get me wrong I would love the best kit, but at the moment my home cinema - has to be cheap and effective. :)

B

bobbypunk

your existing setup sounds better than the one you're proposing. The price is reasonable but they are about 3year old model which is the reason for that price. A bargain if you didn't already have better speakers from the same time.

Chaos Star

Sounds like Im going to be bit dissapointed with my bargain then, now worries - if Im not impressed with them I will stick the Aegis 2 in the Living room (ebay the Aegis One and Centre) and keep the Mission for Home Cinema - better upgrade would probably be a meatier secound hand mission front end with the 702s as surrounds.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom