Acoustic Energy AE100 Equivalent

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by t00ks, Nov 28, 2010.

1. t00ks

t00ks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have recently aquired a pair of Acoustic Energy AE120's and an AE107 centre. I have been searching for weeks for a pair of AE100's to act as my rear soround but am having extreme difficulty finding any.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good alternative to match my set up so far. They are all being driven by a Yamaha RX-667.

Thanks

2. Calpolaholic

Calpolaholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I am pretty sure I have a pair of AE100 in my attic. I used them at one point in a home cinema setup but eventually went with Kef Eggs. Depending on where you are in the country you could take a look at them as I doubt I will be using them again.

3. t00ks

t00ks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thanks for the reply, i'm based in Leeds, i would be very greatful if i could see them and possible purchase them from you.

Thank you

4. Calpolaholic

Calpolaholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    They are in my attic at the moment, which is being renovated to create a little home cinema den for me :). However I will try and dig them out and take a few photo's. I am in Bedfordshire unfortunately so limited opportunity to demo. Give me a day or so to sort out as the plasterers are in.

5. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,157
  6. t00ks

t00ks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi thanks for the reply, unfortunately these are a pair of AE109's and i already own a pair of AE120's which are the superior floor standing speaker in the range. I am after the AE100i Bookshelf speaker. I've been trawling ebay for weeks, i'd given up in the end and started looking for a good equivilent.

@skysdad, when you are able to get to your speakers please drop me an e-mail, i would be extremely greatful, thanks.