Acoustic Energy AE1 Actives - Small pop on turn off

SterileLisa

Good morning all,

Recently got a pair of Acoustic Energy AE1 Actives - bloody lovely stuff. They make a small pop when I turn them off and I am wondering if there is any cause for concern?

My system goes like this: comp ---> topping d50s ----> shiiit loki -----> AE1s.

I have read many things on t'internet of different methods to stop this, changing the order around and whatnot. For example, I am turning them on last and turning them off first, once music has stopped. Even if I disconnect the input, the small pop is still there on shut down. So, am I being a worrying Wendy? Is it just a part of having active speakers?

dogfonos

I don't know the answer to your question but the manufacturers should:

When I first built an active speaker system, I used Nytech amplifiers for the tweeters and the switch on/off thump was so bad, I had to disconnect the amp from the tweeters before turning on and off - every bloody time. There's dedication for you!

My current cheap actives, with in-built amps, fortunately don't suffer from pops/thumps,

I am turning them on last and turning them off first,
I think you're turning the speakers on/off in the correct order.

DT79

Good morning all,

Recently got a pair of Acoustic Energy AE1 Actives - bloody lovely stuff. They make a small pop when I turn them off and I am wondering if there is any cause for concern?

My system goes like this: comp ---> topping d50s ----> shiiit loki -----> AE1s.

I have read many things on t'internet of different methods to stop this, changing the order around and whatnot. For example, I am turning them on last and turning them off first, once music has stopped. Even if I disconnect the input, the small pop is still there on shut down. So, am I being a worrying Wendy? Is it just a part of having active speakers?
I wouldn’t worry, I had a pair of active speakers for ages and they always made a squeaky squelch sound when I turned them off. Didn’t do any harm.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom