acoustic energy 100's replacement

edfoxuk

Ex Member
Reaction score
My venerable old 109's, 107, and 100's have served me well over the years and still cut the mustard, used with a pair of rel Q100's.

Thing is i was tempted at the bristol show by a pioneer AX10ai at 1500 british pounds with two year guarantee. I also found a nice fresh Pioneer 757 dvd with i link through the small adds for 250. I'm absolutely delighted with home cinema side, but in straight stereo things aren't so good.

I'm therefore considering my options any ideas?

If I read you correctly, you were happy with the stereo sound with your old amplification, but you're not happy with stereo now you've chnged over to your new pioneer amp?

I hate to say it, but if you were happy with the stereo sound before, then it's not the speakers that are making you look at options, its the amp!

It's a well known fact that AV amps/recievers often do not do stereo particularly well.

good point. Been playing with the big amp and put a few hours listening time and user manual the last couple of days.

The good news is i've discovered that there are various definitions of direct streaming, the one i've been using doesn't cancel the auto setups room diagnostics. Also discovered the hi bit and hi sampling settings.

using hi settinngs and real diect is a vast improvement in two channel mode.

There is always a question of compatability with this game, sometime it works sometimes it doesn't. Thats what makes it so interesting/rewarding/bloody frustrating.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom