Bargain AcornDVD Closing Down Sale

brian s

Distinguished Member
Crocodile Shoes is one I'd quite like but it's claimed to be 16/9 as I recall rather than the original 4/3. If it's actually 4/3 I'd most certainly buy it.

Bri

Sarah7

Hmm... I see that you had no luck asking about that here however you'd probably have a good chance of an informed reply over on Roobarb's. There's a dedicated topic for the show but no mention of the aspect ratio yet, as nobody has posted after the DVD shipped! (link)

brian s

Distinguished Member
Hmm... I see that you had no luck asking about that here however you'd probably have a good chance of an informed reply over on Roobarb's. There's a dedicated topic for the show but no mention of the aspect ratio yet, as nobody has posted after the DVD shipped! (link)
Thanks Sarah. If I remember correctly Roobarbs is a site we've talked about before. I joined but needed permission to post. I think that was supposed to happen within a day or so but I'm still waiting some years on. If it's sold out it doesn't matter now anyway. I e-mailed Acorn but I wasn't reaĺly expecting a reply. My mother was a big fan of Midsomer Murders and had quite a few of the DVDs from Acorn. I think I'm right in saying that several of them had been reformatted to 14/9 so it's not impossible that they may have reformatted Crocodile Shoes too. I'd really like Jimmy Nail's Spender series too. To the best of my knowledge that was never released.

Bri

Sarah7

Yeah, it's sometimes necessary to PM someone to initially get verified over there. Several members reported picking up Crocodile Shoes in the sale, or later being disappointed by the stock out. Some items are going pretty quickly - the Inspector Montalbano, Campion, Remember Me, Brush Strokes and Boy Meets Girl DVD sets have gone now too, as well as the James Bond collection, Jonathan Strange and Broadchurch (series 3) BDs. I've placed quite a few orders, so hope they're able to fulfil them or proceed in a fair way with any cancellations - one that's still available right now is Accused series 1&2 sadly not BD but cheap at £6.49 on DVD and complete The Fall for £9.99 on BD is also still in stock.