1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aconda question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cookie, Mar 27, 2002.

1. cookie

cookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have recently bought a loewe aconda (black & lovely). fantastic picture, except slight horizontal/downward bowing of picture. not normally noticable unless showing widesreen in 16:1 with black top & bottom or there is long horizontal line on sreen. deflection of about 3 mm across width of screen.

question is: is it worth me getting an engineer in to sort it? doesn't seem to be anything in the service menu.

2. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sounds like the RGB line, so I would say Yes to getting an engineer out as you cannot adjust it yourself. Not to my knowledge anyway!

3. purple52

purple52
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. cookie

cookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    very interesting. i did a search before posting but did not see that one.

mine doesn't sound as bad as others mentioned: top & bottom horizontals bowed down about 3mm.

i had a TX32PB50* panasonic before the aconda & geometry was dead straight. in every other respect the loewe beats it hands down.

*only lasted a month. it was too ugly! sold it & bought the aconda i was too cheap to buy in the first place :)