1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aconda audio output problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ianbe, Apr 10, 2002.

1. ianbe

ianbe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I've recently taken delivery of an Aconda 9381ZW and have been more than satisfied with the picture, sound (internal speakers) and build quality.

My only issue has been with the L+R audio output via either the AV3 scart or phono sockets. On my set the audio from these outputs is permanently muted as soon as I switch channels (the internal speakers are unaffected). The only way to restore the signal on these outputs is to switch the set off and back on again!

My workaround is to use AV2 which seems to be unaffected by this problem. I spoke with Loewe in the UK but they said that they were not aware of any such problem. The manual does not imply that this should happen, although I don't usually trust manuals as a reliable source of up to date information ;-)

I therefore thought I'd throw this one open to all Aconda owners out there to see if I'm alone on this one. My software version is v2.2, incase that's significant.

Incidentally, I bought from Empire Direct, encountered no problems and received the set within a couple of days. I am however still waiting for a receipt to be sent.

Regards,

Ian

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Congrats on your Aconda purchase. Could you give us a little more information about the problem, i.e., where are the audio outputs going - to an AV Receiver/Amp or Hi-Fi? What input signal have you got your amp/hi-fi set to?

In the meantime, try going into the Aconda Menu, scroll down to sound and select "Sound via Hi-Fi instead of Sound via TV" and see if this solves your problem.

3. ianbe

ianbe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks groundy,

My amplifier is nothing special - a 20 year old Denon stereo hi-fi amp with no clever automatic switching or control. It just amplifies what you pump into the manually selected input.

Your suggestion about switching to Hi-Fi sound in the TV's sound menu gave me the lead I needed. It seems that the L+R output from AV3 and the phono sockets is only reliably activated when in the Hi-Fi mode and the level of the signal output is controlled from the TV remote. On the other hand the L+R output on AV2 is at line level and present all the time whatever the selected TV sound mode.

If only the manuals (or on-line help) explained this stuff then us customers would be even more impressed with our sets. As it is we have to work it out for ourselves, never quite sure if something might be broken!

Ian

4. Matt Hero

Matt Hero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently bought a Vitros 6370 set and I'm pretty happy on the whole with it, but have a question on quite how to set up the analogue sound output on the AV channels......

I'm using a Freeview box via TiVo and therefore watch most TV via the AV.

I have, as suggested, set up the 'Hi-Fi' mode to set up the phono sockets at the back to run into a line input on my receiver. I wish to run a straight stereo output from here in to the PL II 'decoder' (if such a term is correct) that I can run on on line inputs.

Now, I assume tat I have to have 'Listening Mode' set to 'Stereo' rather than 'Panorama' or 'Virtul Dolby' ?

Secondly, on the 'AV Audio Signal' the set whishes to always have it set to 'Audio 1+2' however, this leads to an unbalanced sound and a 'bleed' from the analogue tuner where in the ver background I can hear BBC 1 regardless of what the AV input via TiVo is set to.

On 'Audio 2' the sounds seems fine, however I'm not sure on what kind of signal is going to my receiver as there does seem a lack of any kind of activity on anything other than the centre speaker.

What have I done wrong ? Can anybody else explain just what the 'Av Audio Signal' settings actually mean ?

Ta !

Matt