Achievement cheating available thanks to datel!

gatty-jr-jr

Established Member
Reaction score
Why have microsoft allowed this?

Datel have anounced a pc to xbox 360 transfer kit which allows downloaded game saves to be transfers to xbox 360.:thumbsdow

I hope this doesnt allow people to get false achievements.

link to article on ign.

ye but as soon as you transfer a save onto your 360, it will probably unlock all the achievements

But what is the point in that, do people really care that much about gamerscore? i like having a gamerscore, as it motivates you to try and unlock achievements, but i would never do something like this

Does that mean that you could transfer an updated PES 5 options file from you PC to the 360?

:lease: say yes!

I hope microsoft stop this, they did on the xbox version, you could really only transfer your own save games which were recognised by your gamertag. If they were from another gamertag they appeared corrupted and wouldn't work.

The only thing the gamerscore does is make you look a bit sad for not spending more time in the "real" world ;)

I honestly wouldn't get so bothered about it, your gamerscore doesn't mean anything after all.

michaelT1888 said:
But what is the point in that, do people really care that much about gamerscore?

Just take a look at all of the cheat code sites. Why cheat on a game you've paid for? Answer: people are lazy.

I just watched my nephew today playing GTA on the PSP while using all of the cheat codes he'd printed off.

Don't see the point myself. :confused:

mminghella said:
Just take a look at all of the cheat code sites. Why cheat on a game you've paid for? Answer: people are lazy.

I just watched my nephew today playing GTA on the PSP while using all of the cheat codes he'd printed off.

Don't see the point myself. :confused:

The only game i cheated with was GTA, cos it helps to have all the weapons available, it actually made the game better and more fun to be honest. But i wouldnt cheat at any 360 games tho.

darktidus said:
I thought there was that Xbox memory unit...

yeah, the maxdrive!!! I used it to patch all my player names/teams/kits, before the premier league threated all the PES web sites to removed such patches, of course.... gits :mad:

g

Oh please let it be able to transfer original xbox games saves from your pc to your 360 too, that would solve that problem for those of us who back up their xbox game saves to pc.

And a big no no for the cheating:nono: :nono: That is silly

tris

i cheated on king kong got half way through nad had to start again lol cause theres a glitch on a level if u are using cheats and u cant get no further lol

People will be able to cheat this way. Download a save game that's saved just before completing a certain part of the game, complete that part and unlock the achievment. NFS:MW for example, someone could do the time consuming bounty challenges etc leaving you to just do one race to unlock that part of the game.

Assuming of course that MS haven't wised up to this already and closely linked online svaed games and achievements with Live accounts, rendering this kind of software pretty useless? :smashin:

RESiDENT said:
i cheated on king kong got half way through nad had to start again lol cause theres a glitch on a level if u are using cheats and u cant get no further lol

Why did you feel the need to cheat on KK in the first place :confused:

OldAndSenile said:
Assuming of course that MS haven't wised up to this already and closely linked online svaed games and achievements with Live accounts, rendering this kind of software pretty useless? :smashin:

I really hope they stop this - I'm not bothered about the gamerscore, but I really value the achievements and enjoy comparing mine with friends etc. If Datel are allowed to do this it will completely undermine the whole system.

If they can do it in such a way as to allow people to finish a game easily without getting the achievements then fine, but otherwise no :thumbsdow

Steve-L said:
I really hope they stop this - I'm not bothered about the gamerscore, but I really value the achievements and enjoy comparing mine with friends etc. If Datel are allowed to do this it will completely undermine the whole system.

If they can do it in such a way as to allow people to finish a game easily without getting the achievements then fine, but otherwise no :thumbsdow

Achievements are the main reason why i want to finish a game, so that i can also compete with mates.

Maybe we should start a pertition against this product or contact microsoft.

The original xbox action replay wouldn't allow downloaded save games to used on someone elses gamertag, they would appear corrupted, I think microsoft had something to do with this.

I remember the nintendo gamegenie and the long court case against the 2 codemaster brothers.

Not a bad idea - I would think most of the 360 owning forum members feel the same way, given how hard most of us have worked to earn our achievements. :lesson:

While I'm against cheating I really don't mind this sort of product. If peoples self esteem is so low that they need to resort to such measures to make themselves feel better then let them. Personally I don't like to cheat as it removes all sense of accomplishment and satisfaction but I don't mind if people do.

It's all speculation at the moment anyway as there's no firm info on whether the product in question actually allows achievement cheating yet is there?

XBox 360 game saves are signed to the profile that created them. You can play them with a different profile if you have some way to transfer them, and it'll let you continue a game from that point, but it won't let you get any Live achievements.

See for example the info at http://360gamesaves.com/

bishman said:
While I'm against cheating I really don't mind this sort of product. If peoples self esteem is so low that they need to resort to such measures to make themselves feel better then let them. Personally I don't like to cheat as it removes all sense of accomplishment and satisfaction but I don't mind if people do.

But surely some of that sense of accomplishment and satisfaction comes from knowing that few others have managed to obtain a particular achievement or that you are one of the frist to reach a particular goal etc... if such achievements were just a few clicks away to anyone then the impact of earning them would be greatly diminished IMO...

It's all speculation at the moment anyway as there's no firm info on whether the product in question actually allows achievement cheating yet is there?

True. :)

Who cares? The Datel transfer tools have always been useful. Gamerpoints are a gimic.

If people want to cheat to get some pointless points, so be it. They are games.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom