• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acer user experience

haremik

Novice Member
I used to be a happy owner of the Acer DLP P5260 projector. I had to change this state recently, because firstly the Lamp started to flicker after 500hours of operation in Eco mode (10% of the claimed lifetime) and currently, day after day more and more dead pixels appear on the screen. Currently I have <1000 Hours of operation and the screen looks like attached (same amount of the black pixels can be found as well). I find it totally unsatisfactory as the DMD chip replacement is worth the price of the new projector!

My device is operated in static conditions hang on the ceiling, room temperature. So totally standard conditions, yet the Acer device malfunctioned so drastically after such a short time! It’s really unpleasant, even more in the time of the Olympic games.

I’m want to warn the potential Acer customers about these covered facts of the Acer products. I hope this will force them to improve the quality of the products.

Michal Zajic
Czech republic
acer.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom