Acer Timeline 1810TZ or 1830

karupeshu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to know if anybody has bought the acer 1810TZ recently. It seems to be one of the best 11" laptops around (from trusted reviews) but it does not seem to be in stock anywhere.
The 1830 is supposed to replace it but again not on sale anywhere in the UK even though it has been available in Europe since summer. Has anyone managed to buy one in England?
Any ideas on an a good alternative 11" non atom processor with at least 3GB ram and a long battery life?

Hi guys, just thought I'd bump this.
Anyone managed to get hold of an 1830. Seems the 1810s are only availabe 2nd hand on ebay at around £450 which I think is too much for a laptop without any guarantee.
Any reccomendations for 11-12 inch laptop with long battery life and dual core proccessor?
Thanks

Asus 1215N

Asus 1215N

That's Atom (Desktop) based and the battery life is nowhere near the 1810TZ unless they have implemented ION on the ASUS recently and updated the Atom processor, 450 is too much for a 1810 though I paid less than that at the start of the year.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to know if anybody has bought the acer 1810TZ recently. It seems to be one of the best 11" laptops around (from trusted reviews) but it does not seem to be in stock anywhere.
The 1830 is supposed to replace it but again not on sale anywhere in the UK even though it has been available in Europe since summer. Has anyone managed to buy one in England?
Any ideas on an a good alternative 11" non atom processor with at least 3GB ram and a long battery life?

Hey !!
I bought the 1810tz olympic edition about a month ago, with 500 GB hard disk, 4 GB ram, Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and bluetooth. I was looking around for the perfect 11 inch for ages, and after doing research for months and months, I decided on the 1810tz. But after the 1830 models came out the 1810 seemed to disappear from the shelves all over. I tried ordering from Netherlands, UK, France, Belgium and Scandinavia, all without luck. I was finally able to order it from Portugal.

And I must say, all the trouble getting it was so WORTH IT! I absolutely love this machine, it is just what I wanted. The keyboard is great, screen, hdmi, it is fast, plays HD movies and clips, it is light and small and so handy to carry around, and of course, the battery life is sensational. With WiFi on I get 8-9 hours surfing. With music playing in addition around 6-7, watching a movie 4-6 hours. With Wifi off and working offline I get 10-13 hours (!!). Just fantastic.

This is where I bought it, can verify that the seller is not dodgy or anything.
-> 1810tz - Eebloo.pt
Better give them a call before ordering though, they are friendly and helpful.
They are also willing to send it anywhere you are. The olympic edition is a bit steeper in price than the regular model, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. Plus, it looks sleek in silver!

If you do buy it from this website, the os will be in Potruguese, but this is easy to change. Just download Vistalizator.

Good luck getting your new 11 inch!! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys,
Put this one on hold now as I wanted to take it backpacking with me (going next week.)
I am the same as you astokkis, did my research and fount it to be the best 11” for under £500. They seem a great size and weight for travel. Good find on the portugese sight, is it on windows 7 or vista?
Think Acer have missed a trick here. Seen people on other forums complaining they can't find an 1830 or a 1810 for sale. Second hand ones get snapped up quite quickly on ebay for around £350. Think Acer could have sold loads of these .

Thanks guys,
Put this one on hold now as I wanted to take it backpacking with me (going next week.)
I am the same as you astokkis, did my research and fount it to be the best 11” for under £500. They seem a great size and weight for travel. Good find on the portugese sight, is it on windows 7 or vista?
Think Acer have missed a trick here. Seen people on other forums complaining they can’t find an 1830 or a 1810 for sale. Second hand ones get snapped up quite quickly on ebay for around £350. Think Acer could have sold loads of these .

That's funny, I also chose the 1810tz because I needed the perfect backpacking companion :) How long are you going for?
As I am heading for Brazil myself, to start off with at least, I thought the additional keys that features on the Portuguese keyboard would only help me out learning the language when I'm there.

It is Windows 7 home premium, 64 bit. I found it in Spain too, but only with vista. And I totally agree, Acer has made a huge mistake leaving this model behind. There are plenty of people that saw my 1830 and wanted to get one for themselves, but couldn't be bothered ordering it from abroad. I've checked out the newer models (1830) but they are much less appealing in many ways. Such a shame! Glad I got mine in time. Hope you will too :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom