Acer S240HL PC Monitor

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It's a fair comment that you can't adjust the stand but other than that it's a great monitor

Ha I need to learn to read lol. ... I sold my ps3 to finance mine

teehee, its all good mate.

Dont really have anything to sell excpet an old AMD Athlon 2400+ XP machine but I doubt I would get much for that lol

I've had the Benq for about a year now. Gives fantastic gaming performance for the money and would definitely recommend it :smashin:

Are you after an LCD or LED backlit LCD? :eek:

Or is that irrelevant, and you just want a decent monitor?

Are you after an LCD or LED backlit LCD? :eek:

Or is that irrelevant, and you just want a decent monitor?

tbh I want a new monitor, ive been running a 19" 4:3 screen since ive had a computer and have needed to get a decent one for a long time.

I was searching for one that had VGA-DVI and HDMI inputs (HDMI wasnt a deal breaker but it would have been nice).

Backlit does not bother me too much I just want a decent monitor but since local PCWorld ironically lack any decent monitor makes I have to buy online so want to be careful in my selection :)

alphaomega16 said:
tbh I want a new monitor, ive been running a 19" 4:3 screen since ive had a computer and have needed to get a decent one for a long time.

I was searching for one that had VGA-DVI and HDMI inputs (HDMI wasnt a deal breaker but it would have been nice).

Backlit does not bother me too much I just want a decent monitor but since local PCWorld ironically lack any decent monitor makes I have to buy online so want to be careful in my selection :)

Amazon have the best returns policy out there ...get the illy

Last edited:
That Acer G245 looks pretty good. Have a read how it stacks up against a much more expensive Samsung monitor:

Samsung PX2370 Review - [H]ard|Forum

120Hz (makes a big difference in my opinion!) and therefore 3D capable if you ever decided to go that route.

EDIT

Good price on CCL for it
Acer G245 23.6 inch Full HD 1080 LCD with CCFL Backlight Monitor - ET.UG5HE.019 - CCL Computers

yup crazy how cheap those are, I guess acer must have discontinued them. Every competing product is over twice the price.

That Acer G245 looks pretty good. Have a read how it stacks up against a much more expensive Samsung monitor:

Samsung PX2370 Review - [H]ard|Forum

120Hz (makes a big difference in my opinion!) and therefore 3D capable if you ever decided to go that route.

EDIT

Good price on CCL for it
Acer G245 23.6 inch Full HD 1080 LCD with CCFL Backlight Monitor - ET.UG5HE.019 - CCL Computers

Got a £150 voucher on amazon from insurance company so gotta get it from there hehe

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom