Acer revo 3610 won't sync with two projectors.

hanninen

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Hope this is the right forum. :)

I'm having some problems to set up my two new Agfa aplp-210 projectors with my Acer Revo 3610. The plan is to get a 3D set up with passive glasses.

The revo has 2 outputs one VGA and one HDMI. The projectors has to be run in 1280x720 or 1280x768 ( its the only res. they can handle ). It works fine when I use one projector for the HDMI and my Dell monitor for the VGA. But as soon as I disconnect the monitor the projector loses the sync.

I have tried starting with both projectors connected but with no picture at all.

The Acer Revo is running Windows 7 64bit. I have tried both extended and cloned desktops.

If you have any ideas please let me know. :)

Whilst I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to do, I would have thought if both projectors have HDMI input, you would simply use an HDMI splitter to output to both. HDCable.co.uk, tvcables.co.uk etc. sell them. I paid £30 or so for mine.

For the 3d setup to work each projector need to show a different picture. So the desktop going to use the extended option when I'm finnished. But i want to try to use a VGA splitter for the monitor and one of the projectors to see if the sync works then. The only problem is that they sold out in the local computer store. :-(

Just saw that when I use both projectors they say "unsupported". But it was supported on the HDMI with the monitor....

Ok, I manage to get it to work now.

1 start the Revo with just the vga projector connected.
2 connect the hdmi projector
3 set the resolution to 1280x720 on the hdmi projector
4 resize the desktop with underscan to1228x700
5 create a custom resolution for the vga projector (analogue display) that is 1228x700

to get the right res at start up download Qres.exe and make a .bat file and put a shortcut to it in Start/programs/startup menu.

I needed to do this since the resolution changed when windows 7 was fully loaded.

And the 3D works great with the linear polarized glases (£1 each in the poundstore).

the . bat file looks like this.

@echo off
D:\qres\Release\resswitch.exe /WIDTH:1228 /HEIGHT:700 /FREQ:60 /DEPTH:32 /DEVICE:\\.\DISPLAY1
D:\qres\Release\resswitch.exe /WIDTH:1228 /HEIGHT:700 /FREQ:60 /DEPTH:32 /DEVICE:\\.\DISPLAY2
exit

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom