Acer PD112 or Infocus X1 ????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sconie, Aug 6, 2004.

1. sconie

sconie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My good lady has just given in to my constant begging and has let me buy my first PJ, however she is not aware of the cost of said PJ's, so my question is should I buy the Acer PD112 (looks like the Themescene H30 but I think it only has a 4 colour wheel) or the Infocus X1 from ebuyer that gets rave reviews.
    Or the BenQ PB6100 gets great USA reviews.

I know they are bottom end PJ's and I will probably apgrade way down the line, but it is my first buy and as both these players are going for similar amounts I will be getting one (unless I get a better suggestion)

Thanks

Sconie

2. zobi

zobi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven"t seen any reviews of this Acer PJ, but the specs looks nice. It has 3x colour wheel.

If somebody sees any reviews of this Acer, please let us know.

3. sconie

sconie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So the X1 has a four segment wheel and the acer has a three segment wheel, that should sway it in favour of the X1 right ?

Any last thoughts would be great, as I order in the morning.

Thanks

4. Carolyn

Carolyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My husband finally managed to persuade me recently that we ought to go down the PJ route. However, we don't have a stack of money so we had to start at the bottom end, and after a lot of research we bought the X1 from Ebuyer. We're really pleased with it (also the service from Ebuyer). The picture quality is superb, sharp and clear with natural colours (PJ to screen distance 10 ft - we don't have a long room, unfortunately). We're not aware of any distracting fan noise, and although I am occasionally aware of the 'rainbow' effect, my husband has never noticed it. As budget machines go, this really is top notch.

5. sconie

sconie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your time in replying, one final PJ has come into the fray the BenQ PB6100 seems to get great reviews (though mostly USA) I can pick this up for around a £100 more than the X1 so if I can ask for any comments on this PJ as well.

Thanks

6. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Although the X1 has a 4 segment wheel, if you set it to Video or film it will only use 3 as the white segment is switched off. havw a look in the Projector FAQ at the top of this section there's a link to a site with all the info you'll need on the X1.

Paul

7. sconie

sconie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So The Benq is a better buy then ?