• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acer laptop running, no screen?

gop

Established Member
Hi Folks, need some help with an Acer aspire laptop (model: ES1-523-24JJ). This is my nieces, she tells me a friend walked into the power cable whilst charging. From that it wouldn't charge or turn on. I reset the battery, powered on, the acer logo was there for about 3 seconds then OS shut down. However, it was now charging, but the OS wouldn't boot. I thought perhaps the CMOS battery could be at fault, took out the mobo only to find, it was a soldered cmos, I also noticed the power adapter for charging wasn't in correctly, fixed that, and the OS now boots up. I connected to a tv via a hdmi, and the OS (ram, and graphics, HDD) is fine, but the screen on the acer is dead. Anyone have any ideas? Tried the FN F5 keys, no joy.

Thanks in advance,

G

MarkE19

Try pressing all of the following buttons together
Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B

This should reset the graphics on the laptop and for me it then re-enabled the laptop screen that like yours turned off as soon as Windows started. It did take a few tries before it worked though.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom