• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acer laptop no sound

AbuAbdullah

Prominent Member
Hi,

I have an aver aspire 5742, it works but has no sound output. I have tried fresh install windows 7 and drivers. The volume shows it to be working but still no sound. I actually bought the laptop faulty thinking it might be a cheap fix. I have been told by a mate it could be a motherboard fault.

Incidentally i have tried a usb speaker and that works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

AndyStella

Established Member
Could it be something as silly as the wires from the speaker to the motherboard have come loose? Could be likely if it's been opened? Or is there any chance the speakers have blown?

Andy

AbuAbdullah

Prominent Member
Could it be something as silly as the wires from the speaker to the motherboard have come loose? Could be likely if it's been opened? Or is there any chance the speakers have blown?

Andy

I see where your coming from but i have no sound in the microphone jack as well.

AndyStella

Established Member
You shouldn't have sound out from the microphone jack. Did you mean the headphone jack? Have you tried going into Control Panel - Device Manager - Sound/Audio - Right Click on your audio Device and choose Enable. Hopefully that was the problem, if it is enabled, try disabling it and re-enabling it. This should hopefully solve the problem.

Andy

AbuAbdullah

Prominent Member
You shouldn't have sound out from the microphone jack. Did you mean the headphone jack? Have you tried going into Control Panel - Device Manager - Sound/Audio - Right Click on your audio Device and choose Enable. Hopefully that was the problem, if it is enabled, try disabling it and re-enabling it. This should hopefully solve the problem.

Andy

My bad, yes i meant the headphone jack.........

I tried the method you said but still nothing. I think it's definitely a hardware fault as you can see in the pic

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 76

AndyStella

Established Member
Ah I see, definitely seems like a hardware fault! Even so, it must be a motherboard fault to not have any sound from speakers?

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom