• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acer Laptop battery not recharging

WarPig843

Established Member
Why is the battery on my Acer Aspire 5633 refusing to recharge?

To use my laptop I now have to plug it into the mains, but it no longer recharges when plugged in.

The battery/charging symbol at the bottom of the screen is displaying empty, when it normally shows as 'charging' when plugged in.

I recall seeing a notice on the screen the other day informing me that the laptops Acer Management Technology has stopped working, which I guess is related the the problem.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Thanks

Dazza

Established Member
I had a similar problem with my HP laptop.

Check the back of your laptop, where the battery slots in.
Are there 2 side switches that unlock it? On mine one of the slide switches was in the "unlocked" position so the battery refused to charge.
Slide it back to "locked" all should be well.

stockyvillage

Established Member
Why is the battery on my Acer Aspire 5633 refusing to recharge?

To use my laptop I now have to plug it into the mains, but it no longer recharges when plugged in.

The battery/charging symbol at the bottom of the screen is displaying empty, when it normally shows as 'charging' when plugged in.

I recall seeing a notice on the screen the other day informing me that the laptops Acer Management Technology has stopped working, which I guess is related the the problem.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Thanks
http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

How old is laptop and is it nomally used on battery or on mains?

WarPig843

Established Member
Dazza, thanks for the suggestion, Ive checked the battery slide switches and they are fine.

Stockyvillage, the laptop is about 2 years old. When I plug the power lead into the back, the battery symbol initially starts to fill up, indicating it is recharging, but then soon stops.

When I hover the mouse cursor over it it says '1% available, plugged in, not charging'.

Could the battery have given up and died? Ive noticed in the last few weeks the battery hasnt lasted as long as it used to.

stockyvillage

Established Member
Depending om what usage the battery has had the answer is yes.I always say to people only use battery power when out and about so as to prolong life of the battery

WarPig843

Established Member
Looks like it has definately died then:(

I would expect the battery to last more than 2 years, but I guess it just means more money in Acers pocket if I buy a new one.

The best price I can find is about £50, which is expensive enough to make me consider buying a new laptop instead. I suppose thats all part of the manufacturers plan.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom