1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer has component scart input - how to connect consoles which have component input??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Abeyance, May 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Abeyance

Abeyance
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought an Acer LCD recently to take advantage of high-def gaming. Problem: the Acer accepts component only via a scart input (very odd) and not directly.

My consoles component cables only connect directly to a component input. Does this mean I am doomed and can't enjoy high-def? Or is there some scart adapter which takes component as input? Do I need a VGA box? Can I use a phono to scart adapter?

Are there any devices or solutions which you know of that can help? Would be a real shame to send the TV back.

Thanks!

2. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can buy component to component via scart leads - loewe tvs use them for example.
    whether they will work with hi-def component i couldnt say

3. Abeyance

Abeyance
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I already found a solution.

A tripe phono coupler does the job. It has the composite colours on it which can be misleading but component works just fine as well. You'll need two of them though - one for the video and one for the audio output. Since audio is only two inputs a double phono coupler is suitable for that. Hope this helps someone in future.