Acer Cloudbook 11 AO1-131-C726

bouncer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've got one of these for my son and it was giving me errors due to low storage, I tried to do a reinstall from Windows and it kept failing, I then tried the Acer recovery using Alt+F8? However it also kept failing, I then decided to just do a new install of Windows 10 over, I ment to wipe the partition but managed to wipe the full drive, I've downloaded all the Acer drivers for this laptop but there are 4 devices that I don't/can't get drivers for. I assume there was something on the secret Acer recovery partition I've accidently wiped.

As a result my touchpad doesn't work at all, Acer says install IO drivers before touchpad but it made no difference.

Does anyone have one of these and could clone the full 32GB drive so so can do a proper restore? Or the recovery partition.

PXL_20201206_224454169.jpg

I would expect the drivers for those devices to be part of the motherboard drivers, and not separate ones

If you haven't already try these steps:
Rt click on the unknown devices choose update driver and choose "search automatically for drivers"
or try this
Rt click on the unknown device, properties, details then in the property drop down box select Hardware ID. Copy the hardware ID and google it. With luck this should bring up some hardware vendors and generic drivers
1607360651780.png

Last edited:
If you haven't already try these steps:
Rt click on the unknown devices choose update driver and choose "search automatically for drivers"
or try this
Rt click on the unknown device, properties, details then in the property drop down box select Hardware ID. Copy the hardware ID and google it. With luck this should bring up some hardware vendors and generic drivers
View attachment 1418173
I have done all that, Most of the results are people with the same issue, the solution is to use the built in Acer recovery to reload the preloaded windows 10 with the drivers built in, But since that partition is long since gone I'm on to plumbs.

First once

PCI Device is "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C1&SUBSYS_106C1025&REV_21\3&11583659&0&C1"

PCI Communications Device "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_228C&SUBSYS_106C1025&REV_21\3&11583659&0&F4"

System DMA Contoller "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C0&SUBSYS_106C1025&REV_21"

and a second System DMA Contoller "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2286&SUBSYS_106C1025&REV_21\3&11583659&0&F0"

Searches reveal that these strings resolve to
Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor I2C Controller
Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor UART Host Controller
Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor Low Power Subsystem DMA Device
Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor Low Power Subsystem DMA Device

If you search those strings drivers are available but make sure you scan them with your AV package first. A lot of the links try to get you to download "driver identifier programs" but if you wade through the pages you do find some proper links
Alternatively try the Intel scanner tool

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom