1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acer cleaning

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sgindin, Jan 8, 2005.

1. sgindin

sgindin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help! I accidently wrote a line across part of my screen with a red permanent magic marker. Can this be cleaned without destroying the screen? How? (doesn't just wipe off)..

2. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to get permenant marker off a white board you should draw over the marking with non-permenant marker as it contains some kind of extra solvent which allows you to wipe it off.

Getting it off a monitor however is not something I've ever tried and would be very wary of doing. Solvents on screens is not a good thing. If you really can't get the pen off, I would try the above method but entirely at your own risk. I don't want to be the one to take the blame if it goes wrong or melts your screen. Hope this helps you.

3. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can get hold of some ethanol ( needs to be stronger than vodka they sell in shops), try that, as it's relatively benign as a solvent. Isopropanol is quite good too, but difficult to obtain. do NOT use acetone (nail varnish remover), chloroform, or ether. With ethanol or isopropanol, try a bit on a small part of the screen.
    This is my advice only, of course anything you do decide to try is at your own risk.