Acer AT3201W picture problems

vipergrm

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that, whether I am watching cable TV or a DVD, the picture is very jumpy and is almost unwatchable. It gives me a headache after about 10 mins! It's like playing a PC game about 10 frames per second.

I like watching football, and when the keeper kicks off the ball for example, you can see the ball jumping accross the screen and it is really hard to watch. Also when text scrolls accross the screen it is very jumpy. Surely this should be smooth. Is there something wrong with my set or is this the limitation of the Acer panel? I haven't seen anyone else complainging about it so maybe there is a problem. Your help is very much appreiciated.

Thanks,

Viper

Same panel here, i always seem drawn to the jerky scrolling ticker on sky news / bbc news etc. I was wondering if this was a fault too

Seems like the Panel can't keep up with the pace. What REALLY annoys me is thwy advertise it as 12ms when it says clearly on the Acer website that it is actually a 24ms unit. If that is the case then it is going back. It's a real shame because the picture quality is excellent.

Do you get a problem when playing the PS2 or other console where the picture goes all funny every minute or two???

I've tried this in every connection (SCART 1, 2, Composite) and it does exactly the same thing. REALLY ANNOYING! :mad:

Thanks, at least I know now it may be the TV and not my imagination!

It looks as if you've got a tv with an error, return it soon as possible and get it replaced.

You could be right but I am very worried about the dragging text etc. I have actually asked for the unit to be shipped back and I am going to choose another. I am a big football fan and watch it a lot so maybe I just notice it more! Thanks TorMulds

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom