Acer AT3201W 32" or else?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by daverave, Oct 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. daverave

daverave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dear All,

I am new to this site and I am hoping for some advice on purchasing my first LCD TV. My cheap and nasty CRT (goodmans 28 inch widescreen) TV blew up last week, so I feel that an HD-ready LCD TV is the way forward. However, I do not use the TV for any gaming consoles but only for Sky TV and DVD's. After much sucking up to the missus I have managed to get a budget of approx. £800. I have read some reviews on the Acer AT3201W 32", and think this could be a good bargain? Do you think there are any alternatives to suit my needs? I would also consider buying anything between 26" and 32" screen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I will let you know what I eventually purchase and write a review.

Cheers

2. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought,if you are used to a 28" CRT then a 26" LCD wont appear any smaller as the viewable screen on a 28" CRT will only just about be 26" so you should be able to save a few quid and get a 26" for less than the £800.

3. daverave

daverave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks! Do you recommend any 26 inch LCD TV's for, say, £600.

4. scott1527

scott1527

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. m1ket

m1ket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    i have the 26" version of the acer and it is available for sub £500 very impressed with it, it has dvi (with HDCP) which was one of my requirements :clap:

6. daverave

daverave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am currently battling it out between the ACER 26 inch and the SHARP LC-26P5E 26". Both seem to be very similar in price but the ACER is HD ready unlike the SHARP. However, reviews suggest that the SHARP is better in quality if I want to use it for non-HD sky tv and DVD viewing. Any thoughts?