1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACER AT3201W 32" - HDMI or not?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by varez, Aug 11, 2005.

1. varez

varez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got this screen and I love it - looking forward to connect a ps3 once it comes out :thumbsup: That is until I realised that the ps3 most likely will only support HDMI - and as far as I know this lcd only supports DVI/HDCP.
    At least it's mentioned in this review: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224816

Then again - a bit of hope, in another thread, HDMI seems to be included with the AT3201W:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176212&highlight=AT3201W+hdmi

Can anyone tell me whether or not it supports HDMI?

Cheers

2. Barzo

Barzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +410
    It supports HDCP (essential for proposed HD content), but not on HDMI but DVI. Main difference between the two, apart from physical size, is that HDMI transmits a video signal plus audio, whereas DVI only transmits video. Not to worry - the video signal is the same. All you need is a DVI cable, or a converter (HDMI-DVI) if you have a source with HDMI.

I'd also suggest you look at the review thread again if you are thinking of purchasing this set, as it's been updated over the last two days.

3. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Just in case you haven't found out yet, apparently you can get a DVI to HDMI adaptor, so it shouldn't be a problem. I have just bought this TV too due to the reviews on this forum. How good is it???

Thanks