• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acer aspire v3-5710g

bluevortex

Established Member
Have the option to buy this laptop from Comet using a work scheme and receiving a 20% discount reducing the price to £440.

The spec is as follows:

Brand: ACER
Colour: Black
Screen Size: 15.6"
Memory (RAM): 8 GB
Storage (hard drive): 500 GB
Processor: Intel Core i5
Processor Model: i5-3210M
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Dedicated Graphics: NvidiaGeForce 630M
Shared Graphics:
Discrete-Class Graphics:
Optical Drive Type: Plays & records DVD & CD
Bluetooth:
HDMI Port:
Battery Life: Up to 4.5 hours

Does this look like a decent setup for the money? My main priority is Lightroom 4 maybe some light gaming but not essential.
Is it possible to upgrade this laptop to a SSD at a later date? Could a BR drive be added?

Cheers

Blue

LJx

Prominent Member
Great deal, graphics card is good for a laptop that price so gaming is no problem and the CPU is one of the new ivy bridge models. For £440 it is a bargain. You can change the HDD for an SSD or the DVD for a Blu-ray, later on if you want.

bluevortex

Established Member
Thanks LJx

Thats great then, so I could pop in an SSD for extra performance no problem. I sold my PS3 due to never using it and never replaced with a Bluray player but as this laptop had HDMI out it would serve my needs if I get round to fitting a drive. This Acer laptop looks perfect, payday tomorrow and I'm going to get it :)

Cheers

Blue

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom