Acer Aspire One - Will it play HD video?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Looking at getting a netbook over a tablet. The acer aspire one see like a good deal with its windows 7 starter and android OS. My question is will it play HD files (mkv?) and how long would i expect the battery to last? And is it a good deal under £200?

Im guessing you would have to do some tweaking with players/codecs to get almost any netbook to get HD playback like h264 smooth

It's the dual core version so give it a bit of extra power. I'd imagine it would be able to cope with 720p

I bet it would be able to manage that easy

Thanks for that steph. Still undecided but going to pop into pc world and have a play on one. Like I have said be looking at the new dual core ones. May even save a little more an get an i3 laptop

Thanks for that steph. Still undecided but going to pop into pc world and have a play on one. Like I have said be looking at the new dual core ones. May even save a little more an get an i3 laptop

If you can, I would go that little further and get a non-atom processor since even the "celeron" processors in something like the Acer Aspire one 753 makes Windows a much more plesent experince (especially with anti-virus software and during boot-up), an i3 processor even more so

Acer Aspire One 753 11.6 inch HD Netbook (Intel Celeron U3600, 3GB, 250GB, Wifi, Webcam, 6hrs battery life, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Mesh Red: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks stelph, but I have just purchased a netbook. Went for the Asus eee pc with the slightly faster 1.66ghz dual core atom. Used a pc world voucher I had so cost me under £150. There is even a slot under it to access the ram to upgrade which will be my next step

Thanks stelph, but I have just purchased a netbook. Went for the Asus eee pc with the slightly faster 1.66ghz dual core atom. Used a pc world voucher I had so cost me under £150. There is even a slot under it to access the ram to upgrade which will be my next step

Does it play HD video?
Im looking at getting a Netbook for holiday so i can save and play my Gopro Footage

Plays 720P fine. I have put 2GB ram in, simple hatch underneath on the asus. It boots up quicker than my desktop atm, and can play classics like rollercoaster tycoon 2, better than any ipad app!
Battery life is ace as well, been on now for 6 hours and has 20% left for another hour or so

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom