Acer Aspire one cracked screen

thumbfighter

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an Acer Aspire One D260 who's screen got cracked last night. Looking for replacement screens on ebay and there seems to be different models, how would i know which one to order? Also, is it as easy to change the screen as youtube makes it look? Finally, has anyone changed one of these? The tutorial I saw mentions several screws around the screen holding it in place, whereas mine has only two at the right and left below the screen - would the same principals apply?

Have you any example of the varying screens you're looking at?

If you take the screen out of your Aspire One there should be a part number on the rear of it somewhere, this will give you a better indication of what to look for with a replacement.

There should be more than 2 screws... there will be a few on the plastic part around the screen.
After that there should be some brackets holding it in place - once they are out the screen should hopefully just lift out after disconnecting the connecting wires/ribbon.

Thanks very much for the reply Iccz. I ended up removing the screen (which strangely has only the two screws) and checking the part number as you suggested (it was B101AW06). Found one on ebay for roughly the same price as what the D260 type auctions were going for, so ordered it. Fingers crossed it goes in ok. Thanks again.

No worries, hope all goes well for you any problems just post back here :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom