Acer Aspire One 531 installing XP (again)

mrspoons

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to sell on an aspire one that I bought a couple of months ago and want to install a copy of XP so that it is in the same sort of state it was in when I bought it as I'd installed a copy of Ubuntu on there as a replacement.

I've managed to completely wipe the drive including the recovery partition so I can't use that anymore so I need to re-install XP on it and don't have the recovery discs and I really don't want to shell out £50 that Acer are charging for them

Does anyone know if I can just grab an iso image of XP and use that? Would the licence still be legal?

Cheers

If you have a Windows XP COA on the laptop then you can use any Windows XP disk to install - when it comes to activation you will probably need to phone MS to verify the COA licence key details.

- Simon.

If you have a Windows XP COA on the laptop then you can use any Windows XP disk to install - when it comes to activation you will probably need to phone MS to verify the COA licence key details.

- Simon.

Will give it a whirl - might need to get another XP disk from somewhere as the last one I used wouldn't get past the enter licence key details. It kept coming up as invalid

There are different flavours of Windows XP install discs - your best bet might be to use an MSDN one and enter a valid MSDN dummy key (google for it) - once installed you can then activate with your proper key.

- Simon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom